Latest COVID-19 News
Movie theaters and playgrounds will not open in Stage 3 (WLFI)
Purdue University lays out new guidelines for fall semester (WLFI)
Public facilities to reopen this Friday (WLFI)
ISHD announces first case of inflammatory syndrome in kids connected to COVID-19 (WTHR)
TCHD announces new COVID-19 testing site in Lafayette (WLFI)
Plans to reopen government buildings (WLFI)
Local restaurants preparing to re-open at 50% capacity (WLFI)
Barber shops and salons re-open (WLFI)
Camp Tecumseh cancels summer programs for 2020 (WLFI)
Indiana Packers resumes operations (WLFI)
Purdue University Trustees pass resolution on fall operations (WLFI)
Monticello extends executive order (WLFI)
IHSAA releases statement on out-of-season activites and beginning of summer (IHSAA)
Lafayette COVID-19 testing site is now open (WLFI)
One case of COVID-19 confirmed at Tippecanoe County Correctional Facility (WLFI)
Montgomery County reports two more death from COVID-19 (WLFI)
Purdue University offering resources and ideas for families to help diminish stress during pandemic (WLFI)
Cass, Carroll, and Tippecanoe counties see spikes in COVID-19 cases (WLFI)
5-stage plan to re-open Indiana begins May 4th (WLFI)
What is COVID-19 or cornoavirus?
COVID-19 or coronoavirus is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronoavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China. (Source: CDC)
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 fee) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It also may be possible that a person get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then, touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly eyes. However, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.(Source: CDC)
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of
shortness of breath
How can you protect yourself from COVID-19?
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that conatins at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
If you are sick, how do you keep from spreading the illness?
Cover your cough or sneeze wiht a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What should you do if you recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19?
If you have traveled from an affected area, there may be restrictions on your movements for up to 2 weeks. If you develop symptoms during that period, seek medical advice. Call the office of your health care provider before you go, and tell them about your travel and your symptoms. They will give you instructions on how to get care without exposing other people to your illness. (Source: CDC)
- Scotty McCreery at the Long Center for the Performing Arts – Postponed to 9/3/20
- Journey with The Pretenders at Ruoff Music Center – Canceled
- Dave Matthews Band at Ruoff Music Center – Rescheduled for 6/18/21 & 6/19/21 (Tickets for 6/19/20 & 6/20/20 shows will be honored at new show dates)
- Dead & Company at Ruoff Music Center – Canceled
- Thomas Rhett at Ruoff Music Center – Rescheduled for 7/17/21 (Tickets for 6/5/20 will be honored at new show date)
- Zac Brown Band at Ruoff Music Center – Canceled
- Rascal Flatts at Ruoff Music Center – Canceled
- Brooks & Dunn at Ruoff Music Center – Rescheduled for 10/2/20 (Tickets for 5/16/20 will be honored at new show date)
- Nick Cannon’s WIld ‘N Out Tour at Bankers Life Fieldhouse – Postponed
- Billie Eilish at Bankers Life Fieldhouse – Postponed
- Billy Joel at Notre Dame Stadium – Rescheduled for 6/21/21. (Tickets for 6/20/20 will be honored at new show date)
- George Strait at Notre Dame Stadium – Rescheduled for 8/7/21. (Tickets for 8/15/20 will be honored at new show date)
- Niall Horan at the Amphitheater at White River State Park – Canceled
- The Smashiing Pumpkins at Old National Centre – Rescheduled for 10/20/20
- Kenny Chesney at Ruoff Music Schedule – Postponed
- Maren Morris at the Amphitheater at White River State Park – Rescheduled for 7/9/21. (Tickets for 8/8/20 show will be honored at new show date)
- Alanis Morissette with Garbage & Liz Phair at Ruoff Music Center – Postponted
- Maroon 5 at Ruoff Music Center – Postponed
- Lady Antebellum at Ruoff Music Center – Canceled
- Foreigner at Ruoff Music Center – Canceled
- Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band at Ruoff Music Center – Rescheduled for 7/10/21. (Tickets for 7/11/20 show will be honored at new show date)
- Lafayette 2020 Stars and Stripes Firework Celebration – Canceled
- Red Barn Summer Theatre 2020 Season – Canceled
- Fiddler’s Gathering – Canceled
- Round the Fountain Art Fair – Canceled
- YWCA Clay Bowl Giving Project – Postponed
- Arni’s Pizza Eating Contest – Postponed
- NCAA remaining winter and spring NCAA championships – Canceled